Friday, March 26, 2010

...with no tomatoes.

I live my life without tomatoes. Why? Because I hate them. Always have, and while I was close to tolerating them in China, I probably always will. I don't like them fresh. I don't like them dried. I'm not a big fan of them stewed or in sauces.

I also live my life without dairy. I'm dairy intolerant. I struggle with this, because I LOVE dairy. But it's like eating dirt for my body. Delicious, delicious dirt.

I live my life without meat. Once upon a time, I made a commitment: that I would never eat that which I could not kill and prepare myself. Could I kill a cow if I had nothing else? Sure. But I DO have other things, so I'll spare a cow-life. Plus I feel better on veggies...and I don't know how to cook meat.

I have two best friends, the loves of my life: Ginger and Boo. Both of them look like models. No, seriously. Ginger is a natural red-head, cheer captain, sorority president, size-two/four, Vegas native. Boo is a size four/six blonde bombshell, theater major, aspiring actress. And then there's me. Big.

I used to belong with them. I used to LOOK like I was one of them. But since taking a trip to live in China and moving north from LA, I no longer do. And that's what this blog is about, eating well, loving myself, and losing the 30-50 pounds that separate me from my innner- (true-) skinny self.

So I've decided to put my emotions here instead of eating them. And even though I'm just beginning on my vegan journey, I am a pretty good vegan cook. So I'd love to share recipes, workouts, anything that will help me to get back to where I belong.

So here's to veggies, here's to health, and here's to loving your body--every single pound of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment