Friday, June 25, 2010

Detox Diaries, Days 3&4: Falling off and Getting Back On

Blargh, I don't remember exactly what I ate on Day 3, but I do know I ate meat. My friend was visiting from out of town...he wanted Chinese...it's family style...blah blah blah. I don't know how much I ate, but it was definitely more than I should, so the next morning, the first thing I did was buy a food journal. I use it to document what I eat and plan my next day.

It might be the most freeing experience ever.

That accountability, that being able to SEE how much wiggle room I have, really helps me stay on track. And the planning is great, because I can make sure I get all of my nutrients in every day. Generally, when I plan, I plan low, giving myself about 300kCal for things that come up in the day. Cravings. It's not a lot, but it allows me a few bites here and there.

What else....

As far as detox is concerned, there haven't been any uber horrible side effects. However, I did just eat meat, so, that may be a skewed result :P

My mind is now rejecting meat. My body craves it after I have a bite...then it's really hard to stop. But If I don't have any, it's not bad. I'll post more later with my diary logs and such.

1 comment:

  1. I just came to your blog from STC- I saw what you posted about binging and starving and trying to stop once it becomes habit, and it brings tears to my eyes. That sounds somewhat ridiculous, but reading someone else typing what I felt/feel makes me feel less alone. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to getting into your blog :o)

    ReplyDelete